What is the Best Rehab Center?
There are several roadblocks in the process of recovery that can keep a person addicted to drugs or alcohol from getting the help they need. Some of them are well documented; for example, when a person refuses to ask for the help they need or admit that they have a problem, or when they won’t look for treatment because they fear the judgment of their peers. Finding the best rehabs in Ohio for you or you loved one comes with many challenges. Everyone’s needs are unique while searching for drug treatment centers in Ohio.
A factor that’s understated in its effect on addicts going without treatment is the difficulty in finding treatment programs that fit their needs. The perfect addiction treatment center doesn’t exist — there is no “one size fits all” solution to addiction. The process of finding the best rehab center for recovery depends on the type of treatment needed and the circumstances unique to each case of substance addiction.
If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, the professional staff at Lumiere Healing Centers can help. Give us a call to discover the services we can provide to support comprehensive recovery and see if our state-of-the-art facility is right for you. Our addiction specialist can help you in finding the best drug treatment centers for you or your loved ones. Call 513-909-2225 today.
Different Types of Rehab Facilities
The first step to finding the best rehab treatment center for you is deciding what kind of care you or a loved one needs to successfully recover. There are different facilities dedicated to different steps of the recovery process:
- Detox: A detox center provides medical detox to its patients, but releases them immediately after they are stabilized. The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) makes it clear, however, that if detox is treated as the last step to recovery, it will likely be unsuccessful unless the patient voluntarily seeks further treatment.
- Inpatient/Residential: Residential rehab involves a full-time stay at a treatment facility. Studies have shown that most addicts respond well with a stay between 30 and 90 days in length.
- Outpatient: Outpatient treatment can take a variety of forms, from facilities where addicts meet daily for hour at a time, to what amounts to a hall where 12-step meetings take place. At its core, outpatient treatment is a program where the patient lives separate from where they receive treatment.
As of the National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services (N-SSATS) 2013, residential rehab was offered by 9% of existing treatment facilities and outpatient treatment was offered by 82%.
It should be noted that finding the best rehab treatment for any individual case is probably a mix of a few or all of these options, meaning that you or your addicted loved ones should seek treatment centers that offer a continuum of care — i.e. medical detox followed by a stay and various levels of detachment from the facility to ease re-entry into society. NIDA’s guidance about objectives for effective addiction treatment echoes this sentiment.
A Wide Variety of Treatment Programs
Even more varied than types of treatment facilities is the selection of treatment programs available at various options. Different facilities offer different selections of programs to support recovery and it can be difficult to choose which treatments support healthy growth the most. Here and some of the most common treatment programs offered in rehab facilities:
- 12-step Programs: The Anonymous Family of programs, including NA, AA and the like are all 12-step programs. These are treatment strategies involving a process of 12-steps to recovery. Most 12-step programs are founded under Christian themes, but this is not a necessary condition of the programs. As of the 2013 N-SSATS, 74% of treatment facilities offered 12-step treatment at least occasionally, making it one of the most common, both in inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Evidence-based Treatment: Evidence-based treatment strategies are those that have a basis in observed scientific evidence. Two of the most common EBTs are behavioral therapy and pharmacotherapy (the use of established medications in treating addiction).
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy: CBT for addiction involves addicts being proactive and identifying the behavior that is at the root of their conditions and develop strategies to combat this behavior through incentives and environmental cues.
- Co-occurring Disorder Treatment: Addiction is more difficult to treat when a patient struggles from abuse of multiple substances at one time, or when their addiction is combined with mental illness. Many facilities offer treatment services dedicated to targeting co-occurrent disorders such as these, in a specific, specialized way.
- Christian Treatment: Some facilities are based entirely around Christian themes, and some facilities offer religious programs to try to combat addiction using a higher power and Christian themes as drivers in the recovery process.
- Counseling and Therapy Sessions: The vast majority of treatment facilities engage their patients in some sort of counseling, whether it takes the form of one-on-one counseling or group/family therapy sessions.
The Makeup of Different Facilities
There are other factors that make a given rehab treatment facility more or less appropriate for a given patient. These include:
- Public or Private Oversight: According to the 2013 N-SSATS, private facilities made up 87% of all treatment facilities with 55% non-profit and 32% for-profit options. The other 13% of facilities were publicly operated, through the local (5%), state (2%), tribal (3%) and federal (3%) governments.
- Size: Outpatient treatment facilities had a median occupancy of 40 patients and residential facilities had a median occupancy of 18 patients. 97% of non-hospital inpatient beds were occupied at the time of the 2013 N-SSATS report.
Finding the Drug Treatment Centers In Ohio
It may be difficult to identify what is “best” for yourself or your loved ones when you’re struggling with addiction. The best option is to find a facility with responsible oversight from industry professionals, and a supportive environment for addicts to recover successfully. At Lumiere Healing Centers, we want to provide access to this type of recovery. Call us today for more information on our drug treatment centers in Ohio at 513-909-2225.